Re: tcl on gborg

From: Chris Ryan <xgbe(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Brett Schwarz <brett_schwarz(at)yahoo(dot)com>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Chris Ryan <xgbe(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: Re: tcl on gborg
Date: 2004-02-23 13:45:56
Lists: pgsql-interfaces pgsql-www

--- Brett Schwarz <brett_schwarz(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:
-- snip --
> Yes, that would be great. Also, is it suppose to email
> the project admins when someone submits a bug/feature?
> I don't think I ever got an email...that would be a
> good feature to have...
>
> --brett

Brett,

You can setup your project to have new bug/features submitted
and/or updated sent to one or more addresses. In addition each user can
setup to receive messages about bugs from certain projects or updates
to specific bugs.

As an individual user if you are logged in you can subscribe to
indivudal bug update notifications be going to any specific bug and
clicking on the "Subscribe" line next to the title of the bug on it's
detail page. You can unsubscribe in this fashion as well as you will
see and "Unsubscribe" link as approriate. From the main bug list of a
project you can click the "Edit Bug Subscriptions" link which will take
you to a list of all existing bug notifications you have for the
project you are viewing. On this screen you can remove individual
entries, subscribe to receive notifications of all new bug submissions,
or remove all entries.

From a project standpoint you can setup similar notifications as
above with the difference of being able to specify any email address
and you can have notifications sent out for updates to any bugs on that
project not just specific ones. To do this you must go the "Project
Admin Area" of your project. You can click on the "Bug Tracker" quick
link at the top of the Screen or scroll down looking for the "Bug
Manager" section. Here you will see a link "Edit List Notification".
This will bring you to a screen that will show you all the existing
addresses that are being notified of new submissions and updates. You
will also be able to enter in an email address and select if you want
that email address to receive New submissions or Updates. NOTE: if you
want an email address to receive both submissions and updates you have
to place two entries, one for each.

If you have any other questions please let me know and I will be
happy to answer them.

Chris Ryan