Re: searching polygons

From: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
To: David <de4(at)kent(dot)ac(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: searching polygons
Date: 2004-02-22 02:12:59
Lists: pgsql-sql

You should use some variation of overlaps or
contains within. There is some discussion and
a list of operators in Issue #61 of General Bits.
( http://www.varlena.com/GeneralBits/61 )

I would also suggest looking at the geometric
operators in the documentation. You may have
to cast the polygon to a circle to use the operators,
but it will still tell you whether the smaller polys
are contained within or overlap the larger.

elein