(admin) Is mail/news gateway working for this list?

From: L J Bayuk <ljb220(at)mindspring(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: (admin) Is mail/news gateway working for this list?
Date: 2004-02-21 17:08:49
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Could someone please check the news/mail gateway for PostgreSQL Interfaces?
It looks like posted messages aren't always making it to the list or its
archive.

Two recent messages from "(Eric)" on large object access were posted to the
Interfaces newsgroup on 2004-02-19 19:37-0800 and 2004-02-20 02:24-0800.
The first subject was "create large object by tcl", and the second was a
followup to the first.

I read them on the newsgroup: comp.databases.postgresql.interfaces.general
but they seem to have been posted to: comp.databases.postgresql.interfaces
according to the headers. I can't find either message in the web archive,
and I don't think they went out to pgsql-interfaces subscribers who get mail.

This seems to happen to me too. If I mail, it goes to the list, archive,
and news server, but if I post, it only shows up on the news server. I'm not
putting an "X-no-archive" header in. Help?