JDBC3 and 7.4.1

From: Ranjeet Kapur <ranjeet_kapur(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JDBC3 and 7.4.1
Date: 2004-02-20 16:59:25
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

We just moved our database frorm the windows port of 7.3.1 to 7.4.1 on Linux. We have a java application accessing the database. After doing the port, recreating the database(using my db creation scripts) and the values (using pg_dump), changing the JDBC driver I could connect to the DB (using my app), add data, but selects would return 0 result sets (no exceptions thown). The same selects using psql and pgAdmin work perfectly. I am using the JDBC3 driver for 7.4.1.

Jus for fun I loaded up 7.3.1 on another linux machine, recreated the DB (using pg_dump of the 7.4.1 DB) and psql, changed drivers to JDBC3 for 7.3.1, pointed my app to this DB and everything worked great.

Here is a snippet of code which does a select and checks to see the select size.

Statement select_stmnt = conn.createStatement();
String query = "SELECT CODIGO_INTERNO, NOMBRE_PRODUCTO, PRECIO, CATEGORIA FROM INVENTARIO.INFO_PRODUCTO_TABLA " +
"WHERE CODIGO_INTERNO ILIKE '" + codigo + "%'" + " ORDER BY CODIGO_INTERNO ASC";

ResultSet rs = select_stmnt.executeQuery(query);
System.out.println("Select Size = " + rs.getFetchSize());
num_entries = rs.getFetchSize();

Am I going nuts ??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ranjeet