Re: Compiling pl/pgsql functions

From: "Rodrigo Sakai" <rodrigo(at)2bfree(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Compiling pl/pgsql functions
Date: 2004-02-19 17:05:21
Lists: pgsql-sql

>AFAIK there's not much you can do for obfuscation of pl functions right
>now since someone will be able to see the src text in pg_proc. However,
>are you allowing people that you don't want to see the code access to
>write arbitrary sql to the database?

Let me explain myself a little better. Actualy we sell software, and some codes of the systems we develope here are inside the database as functions, so we can compile the codes of the system (php, java, etc...), but not the codes that are in the postgresql. Some of our clientes, need that a employee of them get total access to the database instaled locally, becoming the database administrator. Thats ok, but to protect our postgresql codes (functions) i like to compile my plpgsql functions, so our client's DBA will be able to do anything he wants with the database, but will not be able to get our codes. I insist in my question, is there a way to compile the plpgsql codes or something like that, or its better to think about writting this postgres functions in C??????

Thanks for all!!!

Rodrigo Sakai
Database Programmer
rodrigo(at)2bfree(dot)com(dot)br