Re: SSL without verifying server certificate

From: Oliver Nolden <oliver_nol(at)yahoo(dot)de>
To: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SSL without verifying server certificate
Date: 2004-02-18 16:08:43
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

--- Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com> schrieb: >
Oliver Nolden wrote:

Thank for your answer. You're rigth, but for me the
authentication of the server is not important,
I only want a secure connection between applet and
database.

In the meantime I solved my problem: I modified the
postgres jdbc driver "pg74jdbc3", so that I can use it
for SSL connection without verifyinf the server
certificate, So I dont't have to import the server
certificate on the client machine. Now I can use the
applet on every machine.

If somebody is interested in, I could send him the
modified driver.

OLiver

Mit schönen Grüßen von Yahoo! Mail - http://mail.yahoo.de