Re: Another update on 'portal'

From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai(at)wxs(dot)nl>
To: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Another update on 'portal'
Date: 2004-02-14 08:51:58
Lists: pgsql-www

-On [20040214 09:42], Alexey Borzov (borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su) wrote:
>Well, it took you almost a week *not* to answer to the previous --- polite
>--- email and less than an hour to answer to the current one. See my point?

Take this into account:

people are not machines. Sending email does not per se mean that a
person will respond the same day, let alone the same week. People have
lives, both when at work and when at home.
You don't know their situation so labelling any 'accusations' against
their not responding never works.

If not answered within a week, send a small reminder. If then still
not, then apply to someone else who can take care of it.

Sensible advice to anyone nowadays, at least IMHO.

On a related side note: what's with the rush anyway? Life's too short
to spend constantly behind computers all day. ;)

PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7 9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B
http://www.tendra.org/ | http://diary.in-nomine.org/
>From the pine tree, learn of the pine tree. And from the bamboo, of the
bamboo...