Re: How to read data from a file?

From: <kynn(at)panix(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to read data from a file?
Date: 2004-02-08 17:19:15
Lists: pgsql-novice

Sorry, I meant to add this to the post quoted below. I'm still trying
to find the mother-lode of useful PostgreSQL info for beginners. I
looked at *4* PG books yesterday at the bookstore (Douglas & Douglas,
Momjian, Stinson, and the one published by O'Reilly). *None* of them
answered the question quoted below (or if they did, I couldn't find
their answers using the index and the table of contents, which is just
as bad as not giving the answer at all), so I decided none was worth
buying. (I had been warned about how poor PG books are, so this did
not come as a surprise.)

Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 12:04:54 -0500 (EST)
From: <kynn(at)panix(dot)com>

Is there a way to initialize tables by reading the data from a regular
text file?

Thanks!

kynn

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster