BUG #1074: postgresql crashes

From: "PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1074: postgresql crashes
Date: 2004-02-06 23:09:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 1074
Logged by: Neeraj K Sharma

Email address: neerajk_s(at)yahoo(dot)com

PostgreSQL version: 7.4

Operating system: linux 7.3.4

Details:

I was running a test that initially insert 500 records
in a table, then it deletes 50 records, and insert 50 records every second
by different threads, and so it maintains aprox. 450 records every point of
time.
The database cores with the following message printed on screen.
WARNING: specified item offset is too large
WARNING: terminating connection because of crash of another server process
DETAIL: The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the
current transaction and exit, because another server process exited
abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
HINT: In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and
repeat
your command.
WARNING: terminating connection because of crash of another server process
DETAIL: The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the
current transaction and exit, because another server process exited
abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
HINT: In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and
repeat
your command.
WARNING: terminating connection because of crash of another server process
DETAIL: The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the
current transaction and exit, because another server process exited
abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
HINT: In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and
repeat
your command.
Abort
Abort

I have seen this crash occurring every time, I run the test. Some time
database crashes with in 2-6 hrs, and some time it crashes after 15 hrs.

Please acquaint me what should I do in order to fix this problem. Write me
an email if want more information.

Neeraj K Sharma
Arroyo Video Solutions