Re: PostgreSQL 7.4.1 and pgdb.py

From: Lamar Owen <lowen(at)pari(dot)edu>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>, Jeff Davis <jdavis-pgsql(at)empires(dot)org>
Cc: Manuel Tejada <mantemu(at)terra(dot)com(dot)pe>, PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 7.4.1 and pgdb.py
Date: 2004-02-05 23:32:44
Lists: pgsql-general

On Friday 30 January 2004 10:59 pm, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 07:42:27PM -0800, Jeff Davis wrote:
> > You can probably get an updated pgdb.py somehow, or you can just use
> > "import pg" which has a different interface (non DBAPI-2.0 compliant)
> > but should work fine (since it doesn't try to access system catalogs,
> > it's more of a low-level PG interface for python).

> Keep in mind that there's also psycopg and PyGreSql, as far as Python
> interfaces go.

Since I don't necessarily keep up with what is going on in the Python client
world, would people enlighten me as to which python client would be best to
build RPMs for? I'm going to pull the python subpackage out of the main set,
but I really would like to roll a set for the python clients, unless the
maintainers of those now out of the main tarball clients have their own RPMs.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology