Re: Alternative to "Money" ...

From: Chris Gamache <cgg007(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Harald Fuchs <hf118(at)protecting(dot)net>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Alternative to "Money" ...
Date: 2004-02-03 17:00:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

Its coming through as a string. It has to be changed from a string sometime...
I suppose I could put the alteration intelligence into the script that inserts
the information into the DB. That would require rewriting a lot of
application-side code. Besides, I'd rather have as much heavy lifing done with
the (more robust) database as possible. That'll leave the weaker client able to
handle its tasks better. Is this logic flawed? It can't be any worse than it is
right now. I have my own casts for money->int2,int4,int8,float,float4,float8 so
that the mathmatic operators, functions, and aggregates will operate properly.

CG