Re: connectivity problem

From: "Dennis Romero L(dot)" <dromero(at)ceibo(dot)fiec(dot)espol(dot)edu(dot)ec>
To: "'adp adp'" <adp_group2004(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)in>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: connectivity problem
Date: 2004-01-28 13:58:44
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi!

The basical first step:

1) Set you Postgres for accept TCT/IP connection, user permisions, etc.
/var/lib/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf
/var/ib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf
/var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_ident.conf (The paths can change)

2) Download the jdbc driver for Postgresql: pg73jdbc2.jar (I use it)
and put this in: /usr/lib/java/jre/lib/ext/ (The path can change)

3)Set the correct permissions for the driver (chmod etc, etc)
4)Enable tomcat if you wish work with jsp and put you proyects in
/opt/jakarta/tomcat/webapps/examples/jsp (Default path)

5)MmmmMM, I think that nothing else that
6)Read the documentation that sent Kris Yurka to you.

bye