ODBC Connection to External Data Source

From: "Paul R(dot) Sand" <paul_sand(at)mverify(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ODBC Connection to External Data Source
Date: 2004-01-27 21:55:35
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I am looking for procedures on how to connect postgres to an external data
source (ODBC to Oracle). I then will query the external data source to write
into postgres relations. I can't find information on how to set up the ODBC
connection from postgres to Oracle so I can use SQL in postgres to access
data in the Oracle database. I have the Oracle ODBC drivers install and can
access them with Excel. I need to also access the database from postgres.
Any suggestions on where I can find information on how to make this OBDC
connection?

Thanks!

Paul