Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL installation CD based on

From: Satoshi Nagayasu <snaga(at)snaga(dot)org>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL installation CD based on
Date: 2004-01-23 23:17:03
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > I really, really, really want this CD for OSCON and LinuxWorld this
> > summer. Can we put an ISO up somewhere? Please? Please?
>
> Looking at the screenshots, it might be a bit too Japanese for the
> average guy's taste. ;-)

Yes. It is based on Japanized-KNOPPIX and it includes localized
applicaitons for our language-environment.
This CD-ROM will be published to promote in Japan. :)

> If we want to have a PostgreSQL promotion CD by the summer, we still
> have some time to work on it. Especially, we might want to have some
> updated software on it. It looks like we're going to LinuxTag as well
> this year (June), and I'm pulling some strings to get a CD done for
> that, so maybe we could coordinate that with the events in North
> America.

Building PostgreSQL-KNOPPIX is not so difficult for me, and I can
provide an experimental iso in a few days.
Does anyone want to evaluate it?

But I also want to learn more about Morphix because its screenshots are
cool. :)

--
NAGAYASU Satoshi <snaga(at)snaga(dot)org>