Abstract for my replication system

From: mitani <mitani(at)sraw(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Abstract for my replication system
Date: 2004-01-22 08:27:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear Bruce:

Included is the abstract for my replication system I promised to you.

PGCluster is a replication system for PostgreSQL.

Features of PGCluster include:

- synchronized multi-master replication
- load balancing
- re-synchronizing database cluster which is in
lost-synchronization state

Currently PGCluster is implemented as two independent servers (load
balancer and replicator) and set of patches to PostgreSQL 7.3.4.

The English page for the PGCluster was prepared (it is still work in
progress)

Please download and try it.
http://hiroshima.sraw.co.jp/people/mitani/jpug/pgcluster/en/

PGCluster is released under the BSD license and currently runs on
Linux and FreeBSD.

I wish that PGCluster is helpful for many PostgreSQL users
who need synchronized replcation solution
And I want to contribute PGCluster for PostgreSQL.
I would like you to examine.

Sincerely yours,

Atsushi Mitani
mitani(at)sraw(dot)co(dot)jp