Re: Using OLD on INSERT

From: Terry Lee Tucker <terry(at)esc1(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Using OLD on INSERT
Date: 2004-01-22 14:47:56
Lists: pgsql-novice

After looking at this again, I see that my answer doesn't help you. We use the
same trigger code on INSERT OR UPDATE. According to the online docs I have:
OLD
Data type RECORD; variable holding the old database row for UPDATE/DELETE
operations in ROW level triggers.

OLD is only available for UPDATE/DELETE. As for workarounds, I don't know of
any.

--
Quote: 36
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The person who

--John Stuart Mill

Work: 1-336-372-6812
Cell: 1-336-363-4719
email: terry(at)esc1(dot)com