Tables/Columns in upper-case?

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Tables/Columns in upper-case?
Date: 2004-01-21 22:54:48
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Greetings,

Using the ODBC drivers under Windows 2000 and Access I've managed to
'export' a table from Access to Postgres. That's all well and good,
however, when the table shows up in Postgres it's all *uppercase* for
the name, and for all of the columns. This is a rather large problem
when everything I do in psql ends up in lowercase. Shouldn't the ODBC
driver be changing it all to lowercase, or the Postgresql server doing
it or something?

This is a rather annoying problem, unfortuantely. Any suggestions?
It's the stable non-unicode driver.

Thanks,

Stephen