Re: 7.4 -> 7.4.1 upgrade with customization on freebsd

From: <bill(dot)postgresql-users(at)mcmilleon(dot)com>
To: "'scott(dot)marlowe'" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.4 -> 7.4.1 upgrade with customization on freebsd
Date: 2004-01-19 22:15:00
Lists: pgsql-general

> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 bill(dot)postgresql-users(at)mcmilleon(dot)com wrote:

[snip]

> > 1) having now done some development in 7.4, I've decided I need to be
> able to exceed the default limit of 16 arguments for plpgsql functions
>
> Then you will have to recompile the server, as well as dump / initdb /
> restore it.

Where can I go to get guidance on exactly how to do this. It would be ideal
to be able to simply change my typical ports command of:

make && make install

...into...

make --max-args-option=32 && make install

but I doubt it will be that simple. And, at this point, I have no idea what
that make option would be. I'd like to try building this from ports if at
all possible. I could fall back to download source and run ./configure,
etc. but prefer not to.

Thanks everyone for your help so far.

Bill McMilleon