Re: ms-access and booleans ?

From: Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ms-access and booleans ?
Date: 2004-01-19 15:36:13
Lists: pgsql-odbc

--- Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I transferred a couple of tables from an Access MDB
> to Postgres.
> Among the involved column-types are booleans.
>
> I could dump the contend of the Access table to PG
> via an odbc linked table.
>
> In psql I can run :
> SELECT count(*) FROM my_table WHERE
> some_boolean;
> It shows some number as expected.
>
> I Access I get an Error:
> ODBC-Call failed.
> Error: Operator doesn't exist: boolean = integer
> (#7)
>
> In the System-DSN I have
> Bool as Char : NO
> True is -1 : YES

You should have success by playing with these
settings. I use different settings, but that is a
historical matter. I believe that the ODBC driver
handling of booleans for MS Access has been optimized
somewhat in recent releases. Probably just setting
"bool as char" to true will do it. But I admit that I
haven't played with these lately, not wanting to mess
up a working setup.