postgresql dies without saying why

From: Robin Lynn Frank <rlfrank(at)paradigm-omega(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgresql dies without saying why
Date: 2004-01-10 18:24:35
Lists: pgsql-general

The following appears when the machine is booted, but somehow postgresql
silently dies (no message in logs). If I then use the same init script that
is used during startup, it starts just fine and keeps running. Any thoughts
on how I can determine/avoid the problem would be appreciated.

Jan 10 06:40:37 omega postgresql: Starting S85postgresql service: succeeded
--
Robin Lynn Frank | Director of Operations | Paradigm-Omega, LLC
Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!