Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic
Date: 2004-01-09 23:28:31
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> When someone is creating and RFC, they don't go onto a list and say:
>
> Hey I am thinking about making a green lightbulb.. What do you think?

Actually, I'm on an RFC mailing list right now, and ya, that is what they
do ...

> And why we should consider a temporary list for this part of advocacy.

And then do we create a list for those dealing with PHPCon, and one for
Linuxworld, and one for ... the one in Germany that Peter generally
organizes, and ... pretty soon, each lists traffic will be down to a
couple of messages a month and be pretty much useless, cause everyone that
is interested will subscribe to those lists also ...

What JoshB is effectively proposing, and what I am against, is moderating
the discussion on a list by creating a seperate list to move it to ...
instead of educating (and enforcing) the creating of seperate threads for
tangents to discussions, including changing the subjects so that ppl that
aren't interested in that thread don't have to do more then glance at the
subject ...

----