Re: ERD tool for postgres?

From: Stef <svb(at)ucs(dot)co(dot)za>
To: "Nigel Bishop" <Nigel(dot)Bishop(at)ioko(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ERD tool for postgres?
Date: 2004-01-05 10:38:05
Lists: pgsql-admin

Nigel Bishop mentioned :
=> Has anyone come across a ERD tool for postgres - preferably free

Hi,

I've been enjoying the new dbvisualizer for java.
It's really easy to register new drivers and it draws
very pretty reverse engineered ERD's and the
printing works quite well :
http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/
http://fabforce.net/downloads.php
Another product I've been playing around
with, is dbdesigner. You will need to be able to
set up unixodbc and get the postgres odbc
driver working. There are some nice rpm
libraries for odbc in RedHat and Mandrake,
and it works quite well. I haven't been able to get this working
in debian yet. It just hangs. Very nice application though :
http://fabforce.net/downloads.php

Stef