Re: Mnogosearch (Was: Re: website doc search is ... )

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Mnogosearch (Was: Re: website doc search is ... )
Date: 2004-01-03 23:03:13
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004, Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> > So, there are 15333 URLs that contain that word ... now, what I want to
> > find out is how many of those 15333 URLs contain
> > 'http://archives.postgresql.org/%%', which is 13415 ...
>
> what's the need for such query ? Are you trying to restrict search to
> archives ? Why not just have site attribute for document and use simple
> join ?

The searches are designed so that you can do sub-section searches ... ie.
if you only wanted to search hackers, the LIKE would be:

'http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/%%'

while:

'http://archives.postgresql.org/%%'

would give you a search of *all* the mailing lists ...

In theory, you could go smaller and search on:

'http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2003-11/%% for all messages
in November of 2003 ...

----