Re: PostgreSQL websites down?

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Justin Clift <jclift(at)digitaldistribution(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL websites down?
Date: 2004-01-03 01:58:44
Lists: pgsql-www

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Jan 2004, Justin Clift wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Are the postgresql.org websites down?
>
> yes and no ... GlobalCrossing had some major issues today, that, from
> everything that I can tell, caused one helluva packet storm ... we were
> getting 95% packet loss to our servers ... *sigh*

Someone on IRC mentioned that everything was slow today, so that must
have been it. I modified our IRC channel topics on EFNet and FreeNet
when the servers became unavailable, so if this ever happens in the
future, that would be a good place for people to look.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us