Re: Autovacuum analyze can't find C based function

From: Thomas Butz <tbutz(at)optitool(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Autovacuum analyze can't find C based function
Date: 2018-07-19 08:29:27
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> In recent PG releases, autovacuum executes stuff under a restrictive
> search_path setting (just pg_catalog, in fact).

This should probably be added to section 24.1. of the documentation. At least i couldn't find it elsewhere.

> So you need to do something explicit to reference stuff in other schemas; either schema
> qualify the name

That solved my problem. Now the autovacuum daemon is able to find the function.

> or add a "SET search_path" clause to the function
>definition.

Could you elaborate a bit more on this? It seems like this would only limit/change which objects should be accessed
within the function as described by the CREATE FUNCTION documentation. The function itself wouldn't still be picked
up by the autovacuum daemon or am i missing something?

--
Best regards

Thomas Butz