IIS5 issue with ODBC driver?

From: "Robert John Shepherd" <robert(at)reviewer(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: IIS5 issue with ODBC driver?
Date: 2003-12-27 16:12:57
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else might have experienced the problem I seem to
be having, using IIS5 and the Postgresql ODBC driver. The symptom is
sometimes the less used queries seem to take an age to run, yet ones that
are executed regularly are fine.

When you run the query again it is often as fast as usual, but then
sometimes it isn't. All very odd, and no load is noticeable on the database
or web server boxes.

Our IIS4 machine went belly up (isn't that annoying when you can't buy dual
P3 mobos anymore!) forcing us to bring in an IIS5 box (least I'm presuming
its IIS5, whatever is part of Windows 2003 Server) to do the job.

The Postgresql machine (running OpenBSD) hasn't changed, all I've done is
install the ODBC driver on the Win2003 machine, and recreate all the IIS
stuff. As far as I can tell the only difference between the two
installations is IIS5.

No errors in any logs either.

Yours Unwhettedly,
Robert John Shepherd.

Editor
DVD REVIEWER
The UK's BIGGEST Online DVD Magazine
http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk

For a copy of my Public PGP key, email: pgp(at)robertsworld(dot)org(dot)uk