Re: My SGML build fixed

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: My SGML build fixed
Date: 2003-12-20 00:00:06
Lists: pgsql-docs

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> writes:
> > > Right now it just seems like a waste of resources and it confuses
> > > the onlookers.
> >
> > If Bruce is willing to expend the resources, what's the problem?
> > I kinda like having some redundancy in this service, myself.
>
> Bruce said he does it because postgresql.org is regularly broken. To
> that I say, fix it. If he says he does it out of joy, then I don't
> care.
>
> However, maybe we should structure the developer website listing
> differently, such as
>
> Development version of the documentation
> * Mirror 0
> * Mirror 1
>
> so onlookers see that they are two more or less identical versions of
> the same service.

After too many emails, I now know that the official builds are now every
5 minutes, rather than every few hours which is what used to happen, so
I see my build isn't needed anymore. If you want to list it as a
mirror, that is fine, or you can remove it completely and we can re-add
it in case it is needed later.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us