Postgresql on Windows.

From: Grzegorz Dostatni <dostatnig(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgresql on Windows.
Date: 2003-12-15 17:16:04
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello.

I've had some experience with postgresql on Windows
under cygwin. Is it possible to statically compile
postgresql binary with the cygwin dlls so that I end
up with a standalone windows executable? Internally it
would still require the "unix" way of naming paths,
but a few registry keys would take care of that.

I haven't tried it yet, but how would I handle
ipc-daemon2.exe? It is required otherwise postgresql
will not run, is it possible to compile it into the
binary as well??? Has anyone tried anything like this?

Grzegorz