Re: INITDB error

From: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
To: Mike Leahy <mgleahy(at)fes(dot)uwaterloo(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: INITDB error
Date: 2003-12-10 23:02:15
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Mike,

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 05:51:59PM -0500, Mike Leahy wrote:
> That may very well be the case - I'm also wondering if there are
> differences in the Cygwin-packaged PostgreSQL that deal with this.

No.

> I hope that didn't offend anyone by letting the list know what I did
> to get this far.

Certainly not. On the contrary, I appreciate you reporting back to the
list -- you saved me (and others) from possibly wasting their time
trying to help.

> Whatever the reason, my problem has been solved (with or without
> quotes). I wasn't trying to suggest I did anything particularly
> spectacular, I just figured I'd just let the list know in case anyone
> else runs into the same problem.

I used quotes because until you know what you did to fix it, you
will be potentially vulnerable to this problem again in the future.
Unfortunately, I speak from experience... :,)

Jason

Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D 8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6