Re: rebuilding rpm for RH9 error

From: Lamar Owen <lowen(at)pari(dot)edu>
To: Gaetano Mendola <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: rebuilding rpm for RH9 error
Date: 2003-12-02 18:42:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Monday 01 December 2003 08:53 pm, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm still experiencing problem trying to
> rebuild the rpm from the file:
> postgresql-7.4-0.5PGDG.src.rpm

> I seen that the configure is done with:
> --with-krb5=/usr.

You need to specify that you are building for Red Hat 9 on the command line.
The command line argument would be:
rpmbuild --define 'build89 1' --rebuild....

That command line passes --with-krb5=/usr/kerberos to configure (which
unfortunately will have to change for next cycle, but that's a different
problem). Red Hat 9 and earlier put the kerberos stuff under /usr/kerberos;
Fedora Core 1 puts it under /usr. My source RPM is being developed currently
on Fedora Core, which is what I run on my laptop.

> I also try to install the RPM already builded but I obtain:
> file /usr/include/sqltypes.h from install of
> postgresql-devel-7.4-0.5PGDG conflicts with file from package
> unixODBC-devel-2.2.3-6

There is a namespace collision between the unixODBC includes and the
PostgreSQL includes. It is being looked at; one or both will have to move
the include to somewhere else. So, at the moment, you can't have
unixODBC-devel and postgresql-devel installed at the same time. I am
investigating the best way of correcting this without breaking too many
things.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology