Re: My indexes aren't being used (according to EXPLAIN)

From: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: My indexes aren't being used (according to EXPLAIN)
Date: 2003-12-01 14:04:10
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 02:40:30PM +0100, Erik Norvelle wrote:

> it=> explain select * from indethom where clavis < 25;

What's the percentage of the table where clavis < 25? Have you
ANALYSEd recently? What does the pg_stats view tell you about this
table?

> Feel free to point me to any FAQ or previous message that already
> answers this question. Thanks in advance!

This is a pretty common sort of problem. See the archives of this
list for several fairly recent discussions of these sorts of
problems.

----
Andrew Sullivan 204-4141 Yonge Street
Afilias Canada Toronto, Ontario Canada