Re: A big thanks to SuSE

From: Lamar Owen <lowen(at)pari(dot)edu>
To: Daniele Orlandi <daniele(at)orlandi(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: A big thanks to SuSE
Date: 2003-11-19 16:07:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Monday 17 November 2003 05:28 pm, Daniele Orlandi wrote:
> Yesterday I was a bit worried... I switched to SuSE just 2 weeks ago...
> my newly installed databse server was waitinI thought that I would have
> to wait so much to have RPMs for SuSE and today I see v7.4 compiled for
> many flavors of SuSE, even for X86-64. Wow :)

Reinhard Max does good work. SuSE is different enough from Red Hat-style
distributions to where my packages historically didn't fit well within their
framework, so they have typically done their own thing. Apparently Peter is
working with them at this point, which is good for PostgreSQL.

And he is getting paid to do it, unlike me.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology