Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Not 7.5, but 8.0 ?

From: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Not 7.5, but 8.0 ?
Date: 2003-11-18 17:18:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 08:39:29AM -0800, ow wrote:

> Have *never* seen ppl running Oracle or Sybase on Windows.

I _have_ certainly seen plenty of people running Oracle on Windows.
They weren't necessarily happy, of course, but people do it all the
time.

As for Sybase, you don't see that because Sybase on Windows was, for
a long time, SQL Server.

I do not have any real personal jones to get Postgres on Windows, but
that does not make it any less valuable to those who want it, and are
apparently doing the work to provide it. From my point of view, we
should just encourage the project that is already in motion.

----
Andrew Sullivan 204-4141 Yonge Street
Afilias Canada Toronto, Ontario Canada
<andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info> M2P 2A8