Re: Page contents

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, <euler(at)ufgnet(dot)ufg(dot)br>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Page contents
Date: 2003-11-14 21:09:27
Lists: pgsql-www

Dave,

> No, but you *are* the leadership for advocacy, and as such, we provide
> the technical/design resource for what is essentially your content (or
> at least that's how I think it should be and we seem to be moving that
> way).

Don't repeat that where Peter can hear it ... he'd shoot me.

Seriously, the website serves a triple purpose: to serve the developers,
current users, and advocacy. Traditionally, the concerns of the first 2
groups have always outweighed the last purpose; after all, keeping our
*existing* people happy is more imporant than getting more people.

Also, I suck at HTML, am not a web designer (or a graphic designer, come to
that) and am unlikely to personally write much of the code. So my advice is
as Advocacy Geek and Techdocs leader and needs to be balanced by the web guys
who have more experience implementing "content" sites.

--
-Josh Berkus

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533