Of Conventions: PHPCon & Comdex

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Of Conventions: PHPCon & Comdex
Date: 2003-11-12 19:38:20
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Folks,

I've been meaning to post this for a while and have been distracted.

PHPCON West was great. We had a staffed table for both days, and about 1/2
of the attendees stopped to talk to us. Both PostgreSQL sessions were
well-attended and well-received. We should definitely make regular
attendence at PHPCon a plan; is there anyone here who could lead sessions at
PHPCon East?

Bruce, how was PHPCon Worldwide in Frankfurt?

Now, the sad news. We will NOT be having a table at Comdex. Several
significant problems have arisen for several of the attendees, including
schedule conflicts and money issues. Tom Lane will still be doing the Open
Source database panel, but that will be it. We really hope to attend next
year, when we (and they) are better organized.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions