Re: libpqxx

From: "Jeroen T(dot) Vermeulen" <jtv(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: Julie Russell <julie(dot)russell(at)throughput(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpqxx
Date: 2003-11-11 22:52:13
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 09:42:28AM +1100, Julie Russell wrote:

> I downloaded libpqxx-2.0.0 from
> http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/libpqxx/download/download.php

That ought to be fine... Did you include <pqxx/connection> or the now
deprecated <pqxx/connection.h>? (Note the notice at the top of the .h
file). OTOH, I've still got the cursor and cachedresult in there which
also compiles fine using the older .h headers!

Oh, did you remember to run the configure script before building, like
the README says? Are you running on a Unix-like system?

> I implemented the code in class DatabaseHandler which compiles fine, but as
> soon as I #include "DatabaseHandler.h" in any other class, it pulls up
> compiler errors from libpqxx. I do have #ifdefs so the header shouldn't be
> included twice... Any ideas?

Shouldn't be needed. The header files without the .h or .hxx filename
suffix will protect themselves against multiple inclusion.

If there's no legal problem or anything like that, I'd like to take a
look at your class and see if I can reproduce the problem. It'd also
make the search a lot easier... I'd probably just need the headers and
the exact sequence in which you include them. Right now I just haven't
got a lot to go on!

Jeroen