Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: psql force prompting on notty

From: Michael Mauger <mmaug(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: psql force prompting on notty
Date: 2003-11-11 01:58:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

You can send it to me to test. I've duplicated the reported behavior
here so I can test the fix. (Ideally, send me a url to downloaded it
from rather than attaching it.)

Just a thought, a corresponding option of --batch/-B could be added to do
the opposite of the --interactive/-I option. Having options to override
dynamically detected configuration is not all that uncommon.

Thanks.

-- Michael

PS. Beware of the first patch I sent -- it had a bug in the string sent
to getopt. It had an option "M" rather than "I". The second patch was
corrected.