Question about Threads

From: "Leon Oosterwijk" <leon(at)isdn(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Question about Threads
Date: 2003-11-08 21:47:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

All,

I'm working on a school project that involves genetic algorithms. We thought
it would be neat to parralelize the genetic algorithm in postgresql's query
optimiser. We used pthreads and are able to spawn threads to deal with the
query optimization, however on exit of the thread the postmaster blows up.
Before we get into details is there any obvious reason postgres doesn't like
to deal with threads?

Thank you.

Leon