Re: 7.4RC1 tag'd, branched and bundled ...

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Gaetano Mendola <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: Re: 7.4RC1 tag'd, branched and bundled ...
Date: 2003-11-04 17:58:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 05:35:42PM +0100, Gaetano Mendola wrote:

> I agree in general with you for these "general" arguments, but here we
> are talking about to introduce a sleep ( removable by guc ) or not! What
> about the hash refactoring introduced with 7.4? Are you going to
> discourage people to use the hash?

Hashed subselect handling was tested by lots of people during a lot of
time, and was subject of the working port reports the last few days.
This patch has had none of those.

Of course, if you want to patch your servers with it no one will stop
you, but it will be _your_ responsability. You can do any amount of
testing you want to make sure it's good enough for you. And you are
welcome to report how it did behave.

"Investigación es lo que hago cuando no sé lo que estoy haciendo"
(Wernher von Braun)