Connnection to SSL enabled server

From: timothy(dot)r(dot)morley(at)kc(dot)frb(dot)org
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Connnection to SSL enabled server
Date: 2003-10-29 16:10:56
Lists: pgadmin-support

I am running PostgreSQL 7.3.4 server with SSL enabled. I have the server
configured to only accept SSL connections from various hosts. I am using
pgadmin3-1.1 on RedHat 9 and I can connect to my SSL enabled Pg server
just fine. The information pane in pgadmin3 tells me I have an SSL
connection to the server. I can open up the graphic query tool and type
in my query. As soon as I click the 'Execute query' button pgadmin3
crashes. When I run pgadmin3 using gdb I get the following output from
gdb after I click the 'Execute query' button:

[Switching to Thread 1094126896 (LWP 4597)]
0x400b603f in CRYPTO_lock () from /lib/libcrypto.so.4

I'm using the RedHat 9 rpm from the pgadmin site and have even tried using
the nightly build from October 29, 2003 with the same result. I have
another PostgreSQL 7.3.4 server that is not SSL enabled and I can use
pgadmin3 just fine with that configuration.

I built the SSL enabled server from source using openssl-0.9.7c source. I
can connect(I do get an SSL connection) and work from my client machine
using pgsql.

Is there an issue with how I built the server or with openssl on RedHat 9
machines or the combination of SSL on the server and client I used?

Tim