PostgreSQL v7.4 Beta5 Available for Testing

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL v7.4 Beta5 Available for Testing
Date: 2003-10-23 00:49:33
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general

On Oct 3rd, we released beta4 in the hopes that it would be the final beta
before going into the "Release" phase of development ... due to several
bug fixes over the past 3 weeks, we've decided to release a Beta5 in order
to flesh out any bugs that may have been introduced ...

Beta5 contains several fixes that require an initdb from Beta4, with a
full ChangeLog available in the source directory ... most of what went
into Beta5 was documentation, but with the initdb requirement, we felt
that a RC would be pre-mature.

With suitable testing, and few bugs reported, we hope to get an RC1 out
the door within the next 7 to 10 days, leading up to a full release of
v7.4 ...

... so, if you haven't tested her out yet, please do so ...