Re: [Erserver-general] alternate eRServer build

From: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
To: PostgreSQL general list <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Erserver-general] alternate eRServer build
Date: 2003-10-22 19:04:49
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 02:43:54PM -0400, Andrew Rawnsley wrote:

> This is to announce an alternate fork/build of the eRServer 1.2 code
> base, provided to the community for testing purposes. If
> everything works out fine, and the Powers That Be approve, we can work
> on moving some of it to the main distribution. This is a
> first release, so be warned.

The patches are also in the "patch" area (assuming they're the same)
of the erserver pages.

I'm a little leery of applying these, because as they are, they will
almost certainly break pre-7.3 systems. What are people's feelings
about that? Should we just accept that, as 7.2 is now officially
deprecated, we need not support it?

I'm cc:ing this to the pgsql-general list, because I think several
people who are trying out the code are not on this list.

----
Andrew Sullivan 204-4141 Yonge Street
Afilias Canada Toronto, Ontario Canada
<andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info> M2P 2A8