SIG-BEER-WEST TOMORROW (Saturday) 10/18 in San Francisco

From: David Alban <extasia(at)extasia(dot)org>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SIG-BEER-WEST TOMORROW (Saturday) 10/18 in San Francisco
Date: 2003-10-17 19:58:47
Lists: sfpug

[This is TOMORROW. Sorry about the late notice!!]

[Note that 21st Amendment is a ten minute walk from the Montgomery St.
BART station.]

SIG-beer-west http://extasia.org/sig-beer-west/
Saturday, October 18, 2003 at 6:00pm
San Francisco, CA

Beer. Mental stimulation.

This event:
Saturday, 10/18/2003, 6:00pm, at the [1]21st Amendment Brewpub, San Francisco

Directions: http://www.21st-amendment.com/location/index.html

[1] http://www.21st-amendment.com/21A.html

Coming events (third Saturdays):
Saturday, 11/15/2003, 6:00pm, location to be determined
Saturday, 12/20/2003, 6:00pm, location to be determined
Saturday, 01/17/2004, 6:00pm, location to be determined
Saturday, 02/21/2004, 6:00pm, location to be determined

San Francisco's next social event for computer sysadmins and their
friends, sig-beer-west, will take place on Saturday, October 18, 2003
at [2]21st Amendment Brew Pub in San Francisco, CA. 21st Amendment
brews their own (delightful) beer, and usually has a few guest brews
on tap. They have a full [3]food menu and I can personally recommend
the sweet potato straws side dish. Festivities will start at 6:00pm
and continue until we've all left. Directions to 21st Amendment can be
found on their [4]directions page.

[2] http://www.21st-amendment.com/21A.html
[3] http://www.21st-amendment.com/food/index.html
[4] http://www.21st-amendment.com/location/index.html

When you show up, you should look for some kind of home made
sig-beer-west sign. We will try to make it obvious who we are. :-)
Note: Please look for the sig-beer-west sign, not for a particular
person. sig-beer-west may have different hosts from month to month.

Everyone is welcome at this event. We mean it! Please feel free to
forward this information and to invite friends, co-workers, and others
who might enjoy lifting a glass with interesting folks from all over
the place. (O.K., you do have to be of legal drinking age to attend.)

Can't come this month? Mark your calendar for next month.
sig-beer-west is always on the third Saturday of the month.

Any Comments, Questions, Suggestions of Things to Do Later on That
Evening, or New Venue Suggestions ... email [5]David.

[5] extasia -AT- extasia -DOT- org

There is a sig-beer-west mailing list. To subscribe, send an email
with "subscribe" in the body to <sig-beer-west-request(at)fiid(dot)net>.

sig-beer-west FAQ

1. Q: Your announcement says "computer sysadmins and their
friends". How do I know if I'm a friend of a computer
sysadmin? I don't even know what one is.

A: You're a friend of a computer sysadmin if you can find the
sig-beer-west sign at this month's sig-beer-west event.

2. Q: I'm not really a beer person. In fact I'm interested in
hanging out, but not in drinking. Would I be welcome?

A: Absolutely! The point is to hang out with fun, interesting
folks. Please do join us.

3. Q: Is parking difficult in the city, like maybe I should factor
this into my travel time?

A: Yes.

sig-beer-west was started in February 2002 when a couple Washington,
D.C. based systems administrators who moved to the San Francisco Bay
area wanted to continue a [6]dc-sage tradition, sig-beer, which is
described in dc-sage web space as:

SIG-beer, as in "Special Interest Group - Beer" ala ACM, or as in
"send the BEER signal to that process".

The original SIG-beer gathering takes place in Washington DC,
usually on the first Saturday night of the month.

[6] http://www.dc-sage.org/

Last modified: $Date: 2003/10/18 22:37:55 $