Re: pgsql - failed

From: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(at)poure(dot)com>
To: Zvone Zagar <zvone(dot)zagar(at)siol(dot)net>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql - failed
Date: 2003-10-12 09:28:30
Lists: pgadmin-support

> - you must specify a valid pgsql installation with --with-pgsql=DIR
> I must say that checking for libpq-fe.h returns YES.
> But checking for PQexec in -lpq is not successful.
> The output of rpm -qa | grep postgres is empty string!
> The day before my frustration with this installation I managed to
> install the whole bunch of software on
> Mandrake 9.1 (I know there are binary packages).

Dear Zvone,

1) If you are using official PostgreSQL packages, maybe you should try:
./configure --enable-debug --enable-static
--with-wx-config=wxgtk2ud-2.5-config --with-pgsql=/usr

2) Which pgAdmin version are you installing? In the case of pgAdmin3 v1.0.0,
you need to install wxGTK2ud binaries from the FTP. Otherwise, if you are
compiling from CVS head, wait until tonigh that new wxWindows binaries are
compiled.

I would be very interested in releasing stock SuSE 8.1 RPMs for wxWindows and
pgAdmin3 CVS head. If you are interested, please drop me an email.

Cheers, Jean-Michel