Re: need for concrete info

From: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: need for concrete info
Date: 2003-10-12 03:04:28
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 05:48:23PM -0700, Dennis Gearon wrote:
> projects.) I want to use as my main argument, the fact (at this time,
> only from my previous usage), that MySQL really doesn't have foreign
> keys or record locking, and Postgres does.

Define "really". Certainly, for some cases, it now does.

> correct with today's MySQL vs. PostgreSQL, right? I *really* want to use
> PostgreSQL for this project and not MySQL as I want to avoid growing
> pains trying to get MySQL to do the job of a bigger DB down the road.

Why don't you make the "growing pains" argument instead? What are
those arguments, anyway? ( I think I know, but maybe not.)

----
Andrew Sullivan 204-4141 Yonge Street
Afilias Canada Toronto, Ontario Canada
<andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info> M2P 2A8