Re: Migrating Access to Postgres

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: brobelo(at)agssa(dot)net, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Migrating Access to Postgres
Date: 2003-10-01 15:57:43
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wednesday 01 October 2003 16:23, Bernardo Robelo wrote:
> Hi,
> I am interested in migrating Microsoft Access database to Postgres
> database. But I do not have idea of like initiating. Maybe some tool
> exists for this problem.

pgadmin (v3) is a useful tool:
http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/index.php

There is some advice here:
http://techdocs.postgresql.org

You might find the odbc driver useful:
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/psqlodbc/projdisplay.php

I prefer to use the ODBC driver to link to tables in PG and gradually migrate
that way. A lot of people say pgadmin is great for migrating, though I've not
used it for that.

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd