installation of pgAdmin3 on SuSE8.2

From: b-vol <bvol(at)b-vol(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: installation of pgAdmin3 on SuSE8.2
Date: 2003-09-29 19:55:40
Lists: pgadmin-support

Greetings,

I am new to this list. I need some help with the installaion of pgAdminIII.
The machine is a PC running SuSE Linux8.2.

I downloaded vxWindows tarball and decompressed it into a directory
:vxWindows-pgAdmin3. I then run the configure script with the following
settings:

./configure
--with-gtk--enable-gtk2--enable-unicode--disambe-shared--enable-debug

I obtain the following error message:
configure error
Please check that gtk-config is in the path, the directory where GTK+
libraries are installed (returned by gtk-config --libs' command) in the
LD_LIBRARY PATH or equivalent variable and the GTH+ is version 1.2.3 or
higher.

I installed all the GTK rpms and I checked and found gtk-config in /usr/bin.
I found libglade-config in /opt/gnome/bin. (The gtk-config --libs command
(last paragraph) show most are in /usr/lib.) I then made the following
entries in /etc/profile:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:/opt/gnome/lib:/opt/gnome2/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export PATH=${PATH}:/usr/bin/gtk-config
export PATH=${PATH}:/opt/gnome/bin//libglade-config

Then I restarted the machine, but I still obtained the same error. Some help
would be appreciated.

Sincerely
CT