Re: TPC-R benchmarks

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Oleg Lebedev <oleg(dot)lebedev(at)waterford(dot)org>, Mary Edie Meredith <maryedie(at)osdl(dot)org>
Cc: Jenny Zhang <jenny(at)osdl(dot)org>, pgsql-performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TPC-R benchmarks
Date: 2003-09-29 18:11:11
Lists: pgsql-performance

Oleg,

> I just checked the restrictions on the TPC-R and TPC-H schemas and it
> seems that all indexes are allowed in TPC-R and only those that index
> parts of primary or foreign keys are allowed in TPC-H.

That would be appropriate for this case though, yes? That column is part of
a foriegn key, unless I've totally lost track.

As I remarked before, Postgres does *not* automatically create indexes for
FKs. Many, but not all, other database products do, so comparing PostgreSQL
against those products without the index is unfair.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions