Re: Fw: Case Insensitive Test

From: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Chad R(dot) Larson" <chad(at)eldocomp(dot)com>, Larry Rosenman <ler(at)lerctr(dot)org>, Donald Fraser <demolish(at)cwgsy(dot)net>, "[ADMIN]" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fw: Case Insensitive Test
Date: 2003-09-26 05:53:07
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Chad R. Larson" <chad(at)eldocomp(dot)com> writes:
> > I suspect that among the conformance switches, you can find a combination
> > you like:
>
> I've been through them. None of 'em turn off // comments. Or #-sign

On at least some versions of gcc it looks like --std=c89 turns them off
(my system's 3.2 does and so does another's 2.95.4)

I used the little program:
#include <stdio.h>

int main() {
int a1 = 5 //*2*/
+3;
printf("%d\n", a1);
}

Without the option, 8 is printed, with it 1 is printed.

We don't appear to compile with the option on my system however. It looks
like differences between the includes in test programs in configure and
when actually building cause errors. In my case struct addrinfo isn't
found in configure, but it is found when actually building (due indirectly
to an include of stdio.h) causing redefinition errors.