More Prelimiary DBT-2 Test Results with PostgreSQL 7.3.4

From: markw(at)osdl(dot)org
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, osdldbt-general(at)lists(dot)sourceforge(dot)net
Subject: More Prelimiary DBT-2 Test Results with PostgreSQL 7.3.4
Date: 2003-09-22 21:40:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

http://developer.osdl.org/markw/74/

I had a couple of hiccups doubling the database size,
but I have results with proper linux kernel profile data now. The
increase in database size has decreased the overall performance, as
expected...

I haven't had the opportunity to try different database parameters, such
as effective cache sizes, WAL buffers, etc, yet. I'm trying to track
down why I'm attempting to insert duplicate keys into one of the tables,
which will hopefully be a simple driver error. But will get back with
more data when I can.

--
Mark Wong - - markw(at)osdl(dot)org
Open Source Development Lab Inc - A non-profit corporation